Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cooking Like A Real Woman

Yesterday, in the dead minutes between 5:45 and 6:00pm, my colleague Sally showed me a website (that now, of course, I can't find) called something like "Delia Smith vs. Real Women."  My favorite bits, as I remember them, went like this:

Delia:  If you have a headache, take a lime, cut it in half, and rub it on your forehead.  The throbbing will go away.
Real Women:  If you have a headache, take a lime, cut it in half, and drop it in eight ounces of vodka.  Drink the vodka.  You might still have the headache, but you won't care.

Delia:  Freeze leftover wine in ice cube trays to use in cooking.
Real Women:  What leftover wine?


I thought of this because I made a very necessary pilgrimage to Borough Market this morning - it had been so long since I visited that I was in withdrawal - and therefore decided to cook for my flatmates and some friends this evening.  On the menu: chorizo and chicken stew with 101 Cookbooks' mushroom casserole and steamed samphire.  Nom, if I do say so!  Anyway, the wine that doesn't go in the stew belongs to the chef (house rules, you know) and so I am a happy camper.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.