Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thanksgiving Preparations

I have to admit, embarrassingly, that I had sort of forgotten that Thanksgiving is coming up.  I mean, I know that I'm going home soon, but since Thanksgiving isn't a holiday here in the UK (obviously) it has sort of flown under my radar.  But then I spent a glorious hour catching up on TheKitchn and now I am dreaming of golden roast turkey and smashed sweet potatoes and chestnut stuffing and ginger pumpkin pie and - oh, Lord, I'm salivating.  Nom.

Countdowns:

Jon and I fly to DC in ten days.

Thanksgiving is in twelve days.

We will be in NYC in fourteen days.

And then we fly back to London in sixteen days to start Christmas preparations!

Woop woop!

(Christmas, by the way, will be spent in Suffolk with Jon's family.  I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot about that in the weeks to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.