Saturday, August 7, 2010

Frock Fridays

I know, I know, it's Saturday.  I'm late with Frock Fridays again.  Yesterday was such a busy whirlwind of a day, though, that I wasn't able to sit down to blog even for five minutes, and so you're getting your dress dose today.

I've indulged myself by Polyvoring rather than just pasting a dress here.  Why?  Because, my friends, I am going to Glyndebourne next Saturday, which certainly warrants a whole outfit!  Glyndebourne, if you don't know (and are too lazy to click on the link - don't lie, I know that some of you are) is an opera festival outside of London.  You take a train out to Lewes and then a shuttlebus (or drive, if you've got a kind license-holding friend, which I will have next weekend) to a grand estate.  All the operas include a dinner-length interval during which you can dine at one of the restaurants on the estate or picnic in the gardens (we'll be picnicking).  My first Glyndebourne experience was in May 2009, when my grandparents very generously gave me a ticket to Handel's Julio Cesare as my graduation present - thank you, Nana and Pappy - and I've wanted to go back ever since.

The whole affair is black-tie optional, and we - four of us organized by my friend Alex - are planning on getting very glam.  The outfit below is actually terribly impractical because heels of that hight will simply sink into the grass and it'll probably be cold and rainy, but it's gorgeous anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.