Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lady of Leisure

When I was 7 or 8 I went to a summer camp where, as part of the daily activities, each camper wrote in a journal.    (In case you're wondering, it was a colonially-themed summer camp.  Obviously.)  I must have just learned about chronological language, because every entry went like this: "First I... Then I... Next I.... Finally I..."  I don't know what happened when I did more than four things a day, because that's all I entered.  First/then/next/finally.

I don't want this blog to become like that journal.  It isn't a daily diary.  That being said, I know that a lot of you do read this blog to see what I'm up to, and reporting my activities is a way for those of you back in the States to keep tabs on me.  Also, I notice a lot of interesting things about London and the UK within my mundane days.  So forgive me if some of the entries bore you - I'll try to keep finding interesting things to write about while telling you all what I'm up to!

Today I certainly was a lady of leisure.  A friend is in town for a few weeks, and we spent the afternoon at Tate Modern.  We weren't intrigued enough by any of the special exhibitions to pay for entry, so we just wandered around the permanent  collections; my favorites of those are "Material and Gestures," which includes painting and sculpture 1940-1960, and "Poetry and Dream," which deals with Surrealism.  I have to admit, modern art isn't generally my thing and so I whizzed through these shows, but some of the works, like Gerhard Richter's paintings, really caught me.

I was playing around on Polyvore this morning, and crafted a perfect wandering outfit for the gorgeous weather we've been having here in London.  Voilà!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.