Thursday, June 3, 2010

Out of Positive Thoughts

It is another beautiful day at the shore: I'm on the porch, the sun is shining, the humidity is bearable (that's really all you can hope for in Maryland), and the breeze is flirting with my hair.  It's noon and I've already laid out by the pool, taken a quick nap, wandered along the beach, and made myself a yummy breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage.

I am totally stressed the [expletive] out.

I knew I'd be stressed today.  Last night I tried to put myself in a zen mood to prepare myself for today.  I sipped a glass of wine, I enjoyed the sunset, I went to bed early...

All to no avail.  I slept terribly and woke up at 7:30am, restless as can be.  I've been keeping myself as busy as possible in the hope of distracting myself.  It's not working.

All I can think about is how I have heard nothing about my visa!

I received an email on Wednesday, 19 May from the consulate in New York saying that the processing time for my visa was estimated to be between five and ten business days and that they would email me when a decision was made.  Today is business day ten, and I have heard nothing.  Nothing!  What does this mean?  I thought my visa was a relatively simple thing - I'm eligible, and I did everything right.  I'm totally freaking out that they haven't emailed me yet.  WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

Okay, breathe, Betsy.  There's a very slim chance that they haven't emailed me but they have mailed my passport back to me.  There's a very slim chance that it arrived at my doorstep while I've been at the shore.  There's a very slim chance that when I get home tomorrow it will be waiting for me.

Oh, please, let that be what happened!  I am totally freaking out here!  I want my visa!  I want to go to London and live happily ever after!  Yargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.