Friday, June 4, 2010

Birds and French Fries

I'm trying very hard to have a more positive outlook on this visa situation.  We're headed home in a few hours, and it may be - it may be! - that my passport is waiting for me at the door.  It may be.

We saw a cute sign in a shop window in St. Michael's the other night, and I'm going to adopt it as my mantra for today:


Today I will be happier than a bird with a French fry!  Yes.  I will be.  Today I will be happier than a bird with a French fry.

And even if my visa isn't at my doorstep - which it might be - I have lots of nice things to look forward to.  I will be babysitting for my favorite girls all afternoon and evening today.  Tomorrow I'll be going to a wine festival in Virginia with two of my besties - wine and a picnic and live music, oh my!  And then - if my visa has arrived - I will pack all day Sunday.  I would like to be packing all day Sunday.  I would like to need to be packing all day Sunday.  Oh please, let me need to be packing all day Sunday!

I will be happier than a bird with a French fry.  I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.