Friday, July 24, 2015

Frock Fridays: Tank Dresses






Can I get a hallelujah for structured tank dresses, dear readers? They're perfect for summer in DC - fitted enough for the office, relaxed enough to not feel constraining, and light enough for the walk to and from the metro. Plus, they're so easy to dress up or down! (You might notice I demand this from most of my everyday dresses...) I hate the feeling on my arms of layering sweaters or blazers over short sleeves, so it's an added bonus that I can just throw something over my sleeveless dresses without discomfort once I get to my super air conditioned office.

This tank dress is from J Crew, and I have it in two colors: black, shown here, and navy. I totally agree with everyone's disappointment in and frustration with J Crew, but these dresses really have been stalwarts in my closet since I bought them early last summer. Unlike a lot of other contemporary "classic" J Crew pieces, they were reasonably priced - if I remember correctly, they were on the sale rack for $40 each - and they've held up remarkably well despite how often I wear them. Along with the brilliant blue Cynthia Rowley tank dress from Marshall's that you see on my Instagram all the time, these two pieces are in heavy rotation during the workweek. Today I'm wearing the black one with David Yurman bracelets, an old belt from Anthropologie, and Nine West wedges bought last summer.

I don't think I can justify buying any new tank dresses until the ones I have die, especially since I'm still planning on stopping by Loft to use that credit I have, but I do love these ones from Old Navy! They're all under $30 - with most less than $20 - so maybe they'll make their way into your closets...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.