These DIY wreaths are a new thing for me - the craft bug bit me hard as I prepared for our wedding and, though I assumed I'd get over it once the big day had passed, my magnetic north seems to have shifted towards Michaels and JoAnn. The one hanging on my door now is the fifth I've made since September, which means I have a grasp of what does and doesn't work and, perhaps more importantly, what I can and can't do with my own two hands.
I almost always have an idea in my head of what I want before I turn to Pinterest for examples and tutorials, but I do like to see what others have made and how. I haven't worked on anything complicated enough yet that I've had to follow instructions; seeing finished products made by other amateurs just helps boost my confidence in my newly-acquired DIY skills.
That being said, I'm very proud of my newest wreath and I'd love to show you how it came to be! It took much longer than I expected - gluing the moss to the foam wreath took an hour and a half and next time I'd probably use Modge Podge instead of a hot glue gun for that step - but I used much less moss (one bag containing 108 in³ rather than the three I'd bought) and fewer stems of fabric flowers, so the whole thing was cheaper than I'd expected once I returned the extras. All told, the whole project was pretty simple!
Some of my wreaths have been embarrassing - the Halloween and Christmas ones come immediately to mind - but I'm okay with that because it means I have an excuse to make new ones for those seasons/holidays next year. This wreath, though, I think I'll keep around.