Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: I'd Like The Kate, Please

Hi! Thanks for squeezing me in. I know you don’t have a ton of time, but I just wanted to give you a few notes on how I’d like to look on my big day. I’ve got something kind of specific in mind.

No, actually, there really isn't much more to say about my wedding hairstyle than this post title. (But do click on that link and read the whole article - I was cringing with shame on behalf of all brides for an hour after I finished!)  Basically, I'd like the Kate, please, but sure, since you asked, I'll expand on that:

I almost always wear my hair half-up, and I definitely want to feel like me on my wedding day - me, but me plus, which is why I'll be having someone* do my hair professionally.  When I get a blow-dry, which I can't do successfully by myself, I specifically ask for it to have volume and life; I don't like pin-straight hair (on me) and start to hyperventilate when I see a flat-iron.  Honestly, I'd probably just go for bounce rather than styled waves if my wedding day were just about me, but Jon likes my hair curly and I want to be the most beautiful me according to both of us when we get married.  So I'll have the Kate, please!  (And yes, there will be bling.  More on that next week!)

from left: 1 / 2 / 3 / source unknown; it's Kate Middleton and the image is everywhere! help?


*The one detail I haven't yet secured for my wedding is a hairdresser for myself, Sarah, and Ellie, and the six women in the area I've contacted so far are already booked on our date.  If anyone has a recommendation (specifically in Suffolk, Norfolk, or Cambridgeshire, but I'll bring someone out from London if I have to) that you're comfortable passing on, I'd be supremely grateful!


21 comments:

  1. This will be absolutely perfect on you. I love your hair already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo so very pretty!


    PS you should join a Wedding Wednesday link-up! Kristyn from Chits & Giggles and I are going to start to host one every Wednesday (starting next Wednesday)! We'd love for you to join!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! DC humidity hits this week, though, so we'll see if I haven't cut it all off in frustration by August...

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha there will be no DIY on my hair! It's curly, yes, but it's actually pretty fine - so I have no idea what to do with it beyond the usual! Good think I like the natural look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I'd love to! thanks for letting me know about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of something that's "you" but made special (excited to hear more about this bling!), and Kate is of course a perfect inspiration. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I bet everyone goes in asking for the Kate :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate's is gorgeous! I had my 1/2 up/down too. Its perfect wedding hair, I think. its out of the way, but still down and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! I think that style would really look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read the New Yorker link, and it's hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Kate! Mine was similar to Kate's, but it was before her so not exactly the Kate. I braid my hair a lot, so mine was braided back on the two sides and then curled. More "done" than normal, but also still totally me. Then I had lilies of the valley in it which are one of my favorite flowers. We couldn't use them for the wedding since it was in late June, but I had to get them in there somewhere. I feel like on all your wedding posts, I just tell you what I did. Sorry! (almost) 4 years later, and I still like to talk about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it! I'm thinking of something similar or some sort of messy little bun. Because my hair does not so ANYTHING else.

    ReplyDelete
  13. exactly! it's romantic but not too "done" :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you were the pre-Kate :) lilies of the valley are GORGEOUS and have such a lovely scent! I'm jealous. keep the stories coming, really!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do not know what is hidefap,I'm so sorry to say I know tiny about software.
    Can you please kindly offer you me a link to have through this block?Thank you!

    Here is my site; online dating sites Free college students

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd do your hair if it was closer to Bath. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha there is an element of "go with what you know" about it all - so many other things to do differently on the day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! And love that you want to keep YOU in your look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the hair style.

    http://www.elegantweddinginvites.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.