Saturday, December 1, 2012

December Sunnies


Happy December, dear readers!  Even though the new season doesn't officially start for another three weeks, I think we can declare it winter already.  We've all been playing Christmas songs on repeat since Thanksgiving, some of you got snow a few days ago, and the holiday party rush begins this weekend in earnest.

This is going to be a strange interim month for me.  I'm actually looking forward to the opportunity to recenter and recharge between now and the New Year and, although this is often a totally chaotic time, I'm already feeling much more peaceful and focused.  Who knows - maybe it's the spirit of the season come upon me!  Or maybe it's the brilliantly crisp and clear weather we've been having recently...


Now, I could try to segue gracefully into the second part of this post, but you'll know in an instant that I was compensated for writing it and I don't think there's anything wrong with being honest about that with you.  So let's get the nitty-gritty out of the way first, shall we?  Back in October, I was contacted by Firmoo; they offered me a free pair of glasses to review.  If you remember, I had a bit of an optometrical scare in early August.  Everything's fine now, but my doctor really emphasized the fact that contacts are foreign bodies that you're voluntarily shoving into your eyes.  It sounds totally gross and totally obvious when you think about it, but wearing contacts daily (often for 12 hours or more at a stretch) has been second nature to me for more than ten years and, at this point, they seem - well, natural.  Since I now realize that they're not, I've been making a greater effort to wear my glasses more regularly instead.

I actually ended up keeping the frames I've had since college - who knew that getting them tightened up to fit my face could make such a difference to how they look?  But when I clicked through Firmoo's site and saw that they could make me prescription sunglasses, I knew I needed a pair.  I've never had sunnies made for my awful eyes before because, to be quite honest, I never thought they were worth the money.  I was always wearing contacts in the sun anyway, so I could just wear normal shades!  But now that glasses are the norm, I had to switch it up - which is exactly what I've done since I received my pair in the mail two weeks ago.  And, okay, yes, I got these for free.  But now that I have them, I'm totally confident that I'd buy them if necessary because they're so useful.

So how does this knowledge help you?  Well, Firmoo is going to give you your first pair of glasses for free if you are a new customer!  Go forth and see, dear readers.  And have a wonderful December!


photos taken by my sister, November 2012

4 comments:

  1. "I think we can declare it winter already." < You are crazy. It's 80 degrees today in Houston. I hate it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, over here on the East Coast we have REAL seasons! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some Firmoo! :) Those look great on you!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.