Friday, August 10, 2012

Frock Fridays

When I saw that {av} had suggested we focus on gingham for this week's link-up, I was delighted.  I've been a fan of gingham ever since tenth grade, when I went through a '50s phase that, to be honest, I'm still sort of enjoying.  Over the past ten years, I've owned a few gingham shirts (like this one) and a pair of gingham flats (like these) and three gingham dresses (like this one) and, obviously, a gingham bikini (like this one).  It's perfect for those days - and nights - when you're feeling cute and peppy and maybe even like you could be Americana incarnate if you wanted.

That's why it's what I'll grab when Rob and I head out tomorrow night to partake in Maryland's ritual summer dinner of blue crabs.  Now, there's only one way to feast on the bounty of the Chesapeake, and it's messy.  You need a table laid with brown wrapping paper that can go straight in the bin afterwards, a stack of napkins that would rival the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a bowl of melted butter, and lashings of Old Bay seasoning - and all that means that you need an outfit that can easily be thrown in the wash, plus you've got to avoid rings and bracelets and dangly necklaces that might get in the way of all the deliciousness.

So... hello, gingham.

a shore thing
[ top / skirt / necklace / earrings / bag / shoes

7 comments:

  1. Love it! Hope you have a wonderful weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! Love the skirt and Jack Rogers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could totally see you wearing that! Love that you included Old Bay, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and now all that I want is crab. have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRL. I totally want crabs now. Yes, I know exactly what I just said :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun outfit! Sounds like you're going to have a blast! That's exactly why I need to live in a New England seaside town :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a pretty outfit! so summer-y! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.