Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Simple Things

I'm moving out of my flat tomorrow.  33% of my belongings are in boxes, being stored at Jon's parents' house.  33% of my belongings are in boxes, waiting to be brought to Jon's flat.  33% of my belongings are in piles, ready to be shoved into suitcases to be flown back to DC.  And then 1% of my belongings is stuffed into my long-suffering Le Pliage.  (My right shoulder hates me right now.)

I've asked myself many questions while preparing for this move.  Why am I leaving London?  What will I do when I get to DC?  How will my parents and I survive living together again after so long?  When did I manage to amass so much junk in my flat?  Why do I have three bottles of dried oregano in my pantry?

Some of these questions have no answers.

Some of them do, but I'd prefer not to think about them.

Instead, I'll look at this image and laugh maniacally until someone brings me a soothing cup of tea:

source unknown

Oh, man.  Sometimes it's the simple things, you know?

4 comments:

  1. If at any point, you need an escape from your parents, I have a guest room. It's really just a room with a bed and some boxes I need to deal with, but you are welcome anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the first things you'll do when you're back in DC is join us for Blogger Blitz! **yay** We're looking forward to meeting you IRL. ;)

    Mendi & Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the "joys" of packing/unpacking from moving. :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and now you have me laughing at that image too ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.