Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Midweek Mantra


As I've begun reconciling myself with my inevitable move back to DC, I've been thinking a lot about the concept of home - where it is, how we find it, and what makes it so desirable.  While building my musings&mantras board on Pinterest, I've come across many quotes on traveling, and, to be honest, I don't appreciate most of them.  I've lived in Washington, New York, Paris, and London - and yet I don't consider myself a traveler.  There's a Robert Louis Stevenson line that keeps coming up across the interwebs:

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go.
I travel for travel's sake.
The great affair is to move.

I feel overwhelming respect and admiration for those untethered souls for whom the journey is the point rather than the destination, but me?  Give me a destination any day.  I travel in search of home.  Where's yours?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely understand where you're coming from. I love to travel, but there's just something about home...which is why I get homesick so much!

    I know it's a big decision, and I'm proud of you for making the right decision for you. I just hope you find peace with all of it soon :)

    xoxo,
    Joelle

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.