Friday, November 11, 2011

Frock Fridays

[Note: today is Armistice Day in Europe and Veterans' Day in the States, and throughout the weekend we in the UK will be commemorating those who have died in war.  Jon has agreed to write a guest post about Remembrance Sunday, so look out for that on the 13th.)


It was just this time last year that I confessed my love of country music to you, dear readers.  I haven't really been able to keep up with the new tunes on the airwaves - reason #36 that I'm excited to go home next week for Thanksgiving: WMZQ - but I've had my choice singers on heavy rotation on iTunes recently, which has made me feel at least a little in the loop still.  Happily, though, I've gotten my fix of country fashion as the Country Music Awards were aired earlier this week back in the States.  (You can read a very funny English take on the CMAs here.)  Of course, these sorts of things always have lots of... well, let's call it fashion flair.  Tons o' stars were wearing sequins and glitter - Taylor Swift, sparkling?  Say it ain't so! - but my absolute favorite frock of the evening was worn by Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum, who won Vocal Group of the Year at the ceremony:


Believe it or not, this is an understated frock for the CMAs - I love the simple old Hollywood glamour.  Maybe I could find this to wear for NYE...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.