Friday, September 16, 2011

Frock Fridays

Hello, Fashion Week!  Have you spotted Harper Seven making her New York debut?  Are you ready to be snapped as a sample of street style in London?  I haven't, and I'm not.  Who are we kidding?  We all know that Fashion Week isn't my thing.  (Although: hello, Nanette Lepore S/S 2012.  Come to mama.)

Actually, for today's Frock Fridays I really want to share an amazing tumblr page that a friend sent me.  He was perving on the blogger -  yes, darling, you were, stop denying it; methinks the lady doth protest too much, you know - but I'll overlook his skeeviness because now my eyes are opened and I see the magic that is the Girl with Curves.  Tanisha is an absolutely beautiful woman of gloriously ambiguous ethnicity and blindingly dangerous curves.  She keeps a personal style blog where she offers "outfit inspiration and shopping tips for the everyday fashionista."

I'm completely blown away by how Tanisha creates incredible looks that flatter her figure so fantastically.  (I'm not going to go into a whole thing about how every woman is beautiful no matter what her size is because while I truly believe that it is possible to be gorgeous at any weight I do also recognize that health is, at the end of the day, the most important thing, and that can't be determined by what clothes someone is able to wear.  Check out this really interesting photo project for evidence that the appearance of health does not always match up with the definition thereof.  But I digress; forgive me.)  Although I don't have Tanisha's shape, I'm definitely going to learn from her example: she knows what works, and she uses it to devastating effect:


Yowza, lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.