Thursday, February 10, 2011

Brights Springing

I hesitate to document this because I'm afraid I'll jinx things, but I have a sneaking suspicion that spring is on its way!  (Maybe I won't jinx anything - I hear that the groundhog didn't see his shadow, so the arrival of spring must definitely be on the horizon.)

Temperatures for the past week or so have been at or close to double digits (10*c = 50*f) and we've just had two days of brilliantly sunny skies.  Plus, the daffodils in my front yard are beginning to bud - how exciting!


Early spring flowers are some of my favorites.  Of course, nothing beats the absolute abundance of late spring, but I love that the early spring flowers appear delicate but must in fact be terribly hardy to survive the temperature swings, wind, and rain.  Contrasted with the still-bare branches of the trees, early spring flowers look terribly optimistic.  I like that.

Just the thought of daffodils puts me in a sunny mood - so let's indulge in some pretty pictures of bright things, shall we?






KitchenAid Stand Mixer via John Lewis



Man, I'm feeling distinctly cheery now - aren't you?  I'm almost convinced not to wear my usual workwear of black tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.