Friday, October 29, 2010

(Halloween) Frock Fridays

I'm not doing anything for Halloween this year.  Yes, it's becoming a major holiday in the UK - or at least in London, where hordes of American expats have demanded it - but Jon and I don't have any special plans.  Last year I trick-or-treated with the children I babysat, and there's no way to top that!

However...

In honor of Halloween, today's Frock Fridays will feature not just images but video of three of my favorite witches.  No, it's not really frocky - but where would witches be without their outfits?

Anjelica Huston as Morticia in The Addams Family


Bette Midler as Winnie in Hocus Pocus


I desperately want to put a clip of Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz here as the third (and possibly the best), but all the relevant video on YouTube is disabled, so you're going to have to be satisfied with just an image.


But... wait for it...

You get a bonus witch, too!  The best Disney witch of all time:

Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty


Ooh, I get shivers just watching these!

2 comments:

  1. Sleeping Beauty: the greatest Disney film. Maleficent (a beauty in her own right): the greatest Disney sorceress. Full stop. RRH

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why Sleeping Beauty, you ask? It's all about the angularity! RRH

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.