Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Will You Go, Lassie?

Even though it's been raining and unseasonably chilly for what feels like weeks, I've had a sweet Celtic spring/summer song tripping through my head.  It has a few different names, though I learned it as Wild Mountain Thyme.  Our chorus sang it at my graduation from the sixth grade, and even though (or maybe because) sixth grade wasn't a particularly happy year for me I remember the song - and that day - very fondly.

The chorus is as follows:

And we'll all go together
To pull wild mountain thyme
All around the blooming heather
Will you go, lassie, go?

You can search for it on YouTube - I don't want a put a specific link here because there are so many lovely versions online, and you really should find your favourite on your own.  But do look for it, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.