Friday, June 12, 2015

Frock Fridays: A Festive Fourth!

It's no secret, dear readers - I love playing hostess. And now that Jon has realized how much he loves showing off his adopted city, we're primed to receive visitors from abroad! Well, "visitor" isn't really the right word for our next houseguest. Alex, a very dear friend of ours from London, holds an American passport and has been back and forth between the States and England more times than she can count. But, regardless, she's coming to visit us in DC at the end of June and we're thrilled!

Obviously, I've already started planning out her week in town. She'll be here over the long weekend of the 4th, so there's tons to do! We've been emailing about an outdoor movie in NOMA, a concert at Wolf Trap, a day at the beach on the Eastern Shore, and, of course, fantastic celebrations for Independence Day.

Equally obviously, I've already started planning out what I might wear for all of our festivities! I was thrilled to see that eShakti, the totally customizable online retailer where I got the plaid flannel shirtdress that I lived in over the winter, has some fab new styles and patterns for summer sorted into themes like Contemporary and Bohemian. They've also branched out into jumpsuits, pants, and shorts, but you know how I love my dresses - I've got my eye on one of these fun frocks from the Retro Modern bit of the website!



eShakti has generously offered Betsy Transatlantically readers $35 off any purchase made between now and June 21. You've got through next weekend to use it, so go forth and shop!

I will be compensated for this post but, as always, all opinions are my own.

 photo 866de425-8336-4c63-9efd-1c4dd8bf0e62_zpsafe0d56b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.