Last night, I drafted a pity party of a post on how I'm really feeling about approaching my first wedding anniversary with no end in sight to our separation. I'll publish it tomorrow because I want to be honest with you about how hard it is, but when I talked to Jon about it he encouraged me to first try to see the positives in our situation. So, inspired by my husband and the lighter side of life, I present to you...
Single Girl Behaviors
That I'll Have To Give Up When Jon Moves To America
- watching marathons of Law and Order: SVU
- luxuriating through beauty maintenance on the couch because the lighting is better there than in the bathroom
- singing along to showtunes while I clean the apartment
- acting out both sides of conversations with Charlie (sometimes in French)
- narrating my daily activities in song
- glamming up in heels and make-up just because I've made a fancy dinner for myself
- eating two dinners because I didn't like the first one which means it didn't count
- making an entire pot of coffee on Monday morning and drinking the leftovers out of the fridge all week
- bribing Charlie to be the little spoon as I fall asleep
You know, on second thought, maybe I should enjoy the remaining weeks of our long-distance more - I'm afraid I've been taking having an entire apartment to myself for granted!