Friday, July 18, 2014

Frock Fridays: Summer Dressing

The past few days have been glorious in DC - sunny and breezy with low humidity - but summer here makes dressing for work a real challenge.  When it's in the mid-70s and muggy at 8:30am, my 10 minute walk to the metro guarantees I'll arrive at my desk hot and sweaty, and the air conditioning in the office, while desperately welcome after my commute, is strong enough to raise goosebumps.  (There's actually a blanket on the back of my chair for days when I forget to bring a cardigan in my bag!)  Because of that, my ideal summer work outfits needs to be versatile enough for a range of temperatures while still being somewhat professional.

So thank goodness for jersey dresses!  They're casual and cool but can be dressed up as needed - perfect for the office (topped with a cardigan or blazer, of course), dinner out, a concert, and everything in between.  Loft was having one of their big sales last weekend, so I ordered two sleeveless jersey dresses to replace a few old ones that recently died.  My favorite is the Crossover Cutout Dress, below, and I've styled it for today's post with both work and play in mind.  This dress is cute, fresh, and versatile - DC summer, you've met your match!

Keep an eye on Instagram to see how I'm wearing it in real life today!


loft crossover cutout back dress

LOFT Crossover Cutout Back Dress PLAY

 photo 866de425-8336-4c63-9efd-1c4dd8bf0e62_zpsafe0d56b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.