Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Midweek Mantra - August

White rabbit, white rabbit!  It's a new month, dear readers.  August.  Summer's winding up; you've got just a few more weeks to squeeze in those brilliant bright days at the beach and those long lingering evenings on the porch.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I have to be honest with you: I'm afraid that August is going to be tough this year.  My birthday is at the end of the month, but I have to work that evening for the opening of our new season at the theater.  The honeymoon of having moved back home is pretty much over, and Mom and Dad and I are struggling to adjust to our new household dynamics.  Also, it's another month in which I don't get to see Jon.

We're over the halfway mark in this first phase of being long-distance - we've already made it nine weeks without seeing each other.  My flight out to London is on September 13, which means we've got another six weeks to go.  We hope that this is the longest period we'll ever have to be apart, but who knows?  Our visits are dictated by time and money, neither of which we have in great supply.


So this is going to be my August motto.  Every morning, as my parents and I bicker over whose computer cable is which, I'm going to tell myself that nothing worth having comes easy.  Every afternoon, as meetings go in endless circles, I'm going to tell myself that nothing worth having comes easy.  Every evening, as Jon and I miss yet another FaceTime date, I'm going to tell myself that nothing worth having comes easy.

And, before we know it, we'll be looking into September.  It'll be a new month again - a new season, perfect for fresh eyes and renewed hearts.

Wedding Wednesdays will return next week, dear readers.  Sorry for the interruption!

6 comments:

  1. Hang in there Betsy, it will be here before you know it and the reunion will be worth it :) Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading for awhile and I thought I'd finally pipe up with a little support. It's tough but you have the best attitude and hopefully with a little doing August will fly by! Sending positive vibes for a surprisingly good birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are wonderful, and you'll make it through! Love to the whole bunch of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! I need to tell myself the same thing much more often. It will make having him your husband just that much more special! You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're more than half way there! Seeing Jon will be so wonderful after the time apart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, hang in there, love! I know how hard it is to miss FaceTime dates and navigate the long-distance love logistics. It's worth it, but can be a nightmare when all you want is to be together!

    I try to be careful not to wish time away, but I'm headed back to the UK in October and it really can't come fast enough! Thinking of you and hope you enjoy your birthday month and your reunion with Jon!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.