Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mending the Flag

Weddings Wednesdays will resume next week, dear readers.  It seems a bit sacrilegious to talk about the beauty of England - which we beat, by the way, in 1783 and again in 1812, depending on how you define victory - on the Fourth of July, so:

I love America for the best of what it has been, the best of what it is, and the best of what it can be.  There's an election coming up that will bring out the worst in everyone, and I'm afraid I won't be able to keep my political opinions entirely to myself over the next few months.  But progress is patriotic and we should celebrate our potential and our promise, so I urge you on this day and every day to be fiercely protective of our right to insist on change for the better to ensure that we remain the land of the free and the home of the brave.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about not being able to keep quiet on your politics: I will certainly be interested in what you have to say. While the 2012 election has been extremely nasty, I think you're a friendly, positive, and kind person: I'm sure anything that you'll have to say on the subject will be polite and helpful.

    On a brighter note, happy Independence Day, Betsy! :D I hope you have a wonderful time with whatever celebration(s) you have planned.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.