Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Midweek Mantra

via

Last week I was reconciling myself to my move back to DC, but this week I'm actively preparing for life in Washington.  I'm applying to every appropriate job in my field, I've set up meetings with former colleagues, and I'm thinking of contingencies in case I don't get an offer of employment in time for my return.  Plus, I'm reminding myself that, regardless of what I end up doing professionally in Washington, I'll be with my family and my friends - what more could a girl want?

I'm also finding ways to fill my remaining time here in London so that I can squeeze joy out of every moment.  Jon and I have checked off several items on my bucket list (see the sidebar for a status update) and I'm pursuing an exciting volunteer opportunity that I'll be able to share with about next week when it's finalized.  My sister's coming to visit me in early May and I couldn't be more thrilled to share my world with her - we're already plotting out our itinerary!

It's going to be an incredibly full two months before I head back to the States, but I'm turning my can'ts into cans and my dreams into plans.  So glad you're with me, dear readers!

3 comments:

  1. Great bucket list. Living in London you so often don't do as much as you should. I think blogging helps with making you go out to stuff.

    Must be looking forward to your sister's visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a rare one, Betsy: you seem to realize how lucky you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of happy for you to be going back home and I'm kind of sad that I joined you at the end of that adventure...I'm excited for what's to come though!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.