Friday, October 7, 2011

Frock Fridays

The wind has been nipping something fierce in London for the past few days, and with the temperatures beginning to dip I find myself dreaming of staying warm courtesy of luxurious knits - cashmere scarves, collared cardigans, and shawl-necked pullovers.  In real life, this means snuggling up to a pink crocheted waterbottle (discovered in my stocking on Christmas morning 2010) while wearing a blue merino cable crewneck from J Crew (unearthed from my drawer every autumn since 2002) and burgundy polar fleece socks (ordered by my mother from LL Bean for the New York winter circa 2005).  God, I'm classy.

In my fantasy world, though, I fight the cold armed with absolute glamour.  If I had Ralph Lauren's cashmere herringbone dress, paired with a Balmain tuxedo jacket and an Alexander McQueen box clutch as well as platform courts from Zara, I could take on the world.  Couldn't you?

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean--every fall I get ambitious about finding new boots and perfectly-cut blazers...and then I pull an old hooded sweatshirt out of the closet and call it a day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.