Friday, October 21, 2011

Frock Fridays - Coats

Okay, so coats aren't actually frocks.  But, you know, sometimes they vaguely have a similar shape.  And, unless you're Lady Gaga, your coat and your dress will often cover the same parts of your body.  So, since I am a little frocked out after my trip to Anthropologie last weekend, I think we'll discuss coats today.  After all, 'tis getting to be the season.

I do, I have to admit, have two wonderful coats.  The first is a gorgeous white J Crew number that my mother bought me a few years ago against her better judgement.  (I would guess that I've spent more than the original cost on dry cleaning since then.)  The second is a navy blue military style that I splurged on at a Nicole Farhi sample sale in Seven Dials last winter.  I'm definitely not in the market for a new coat.

But if I were, I'd probably take advantage of the £50 off coats offer at Hobbs and snap up this vintage-y one with the princess collar and empire waist.  I love the velvet trim.  Doesn't it look like something Samantha Parkington* might have worn?


*I got Samantha for my 9th birthday and so she's definitely my favorite American Girl doll.  Felicity was my second favorite, and then Molly, and then Kirsten.  I don't know who the other dolls are because they came after my time - I stick to the classics.  Don't lie, you know exactly what I'm talking about, dear readers.

3 comments:

  1. Love that coat! Would look fantastic on you! Thanks for being the best date ever last night. Can't wait until our next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that coat. Really sweet and elegant at the same time.

    I saw a tweed coat the other day somewhere online (bookmarked on another computer) that I fell in love with as well.

    Hmmm. Decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Carla, and I have a coat fettish. There, I admitted it. And seeing the pic of the one here doesn't help me with my problem. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.