Friday, July 29, 2011

Frock Fridays - Vintage

This weekend, the Southbank Centre is hosting a three-day vintage fĂȘte complete with fashion, music, art, dance, film and design to celebrate the 1920-1980s.  It's expensive - tickets without access to the evening revue show cost £60 - but it looks like it will be a blast.  Of course, the bits of the festival that would interest me the most would be the retro fashion and the decade-specific make-overs.  I yearn to be a '50s pin-up!  I could pull a Betty Grable, don't you think?

In the spirit of this weekend's vintage bonanza, for today's Frock Fridays I give you Grace Kelly in 1955's classic crime caper To Catch A Thief:



Stunning.  I wish we had more excuses to be that glamorous in this day and age!

3 comments:

  1. I often think it would be nice to have the opportunity to dress up more. I think I was probably born in the wrong era ...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. Although that's how I dress every night for dinner. Doesn't everyone?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.