Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Midsummer's Birthday

Midsummer Eve, Edward Robert Hughes (c. 1908)

Midsummer conjures up all sorts of romantic dreams, doesn't it?  It inspires tales of magic and fairies, strange rites and rituals around henges, and the desire for a deeper connection with nature.

(I totally blew the solstice by falling asleep just after 10pm, but the internet tells me that there were 16:38 hours of daylight yesterday in London.  How incredible is that?  There are perks to living this far north - in the summer, at least.)

But do you know what else is special about 21 June?  It's Prince William's birthday!  Yesterday the newly minted Duke of Cambridge turned 29, and I would like you to join me in wishing him all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.