Sunday, March 6, 2011

Inspired by Narcissus

While out at Borough Market yesterday (duh) I saw the most gorgeous narcissus at the flower vendor.  My mother always fills the house with narcissus around this time of year, if I remember correctly, and I always loved having a delicate vase of them in my room.  They smell lovely - fresh and sweet - but just a few buds pack a real olfactory punch.

If you're an avid reader of this blog you'll know that I usually go for interiors that incorporate vivid hues and, often, strong furniture, but just the glimpse of that narcissus has made me want to explore some other options, and I've found myself wandering around images of rooms and houses that mimic the clean lines and striking brights of the flowers.  I found a beautiful collection of photos from La Belle Vie - let me share them with you.




The narcissus, by the way, is named after a young man in Greek mythology who was so beautiful and so proud that, upon catching his reflection in a pond, fell in love with himself; he wasted away and died next to that pond, admiring his own image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.