Friday, August 27, 2010

Bon Anniversaire à Moi!

By all that is right and good, I should not be awake at 4:24 on the Saturday morning of my birthday weekend.  Scratch that - I should be, but it should be because I've just stumbled in from a night on the lash. But no, I was responsible last night and went to bed at 11 because I knew my alarm was going off at 4am this morning.

Pourquoi?

Because I'm headed off to France for the weekend!  To Normandy, to be precise.  To a little village near Beuzeville, to be even more precise.

My friend Alex (she of the Glyndebourne trip) has a house out there that she's selling, and she decided to have one last hurrah with about ten of us before the house goes.  It's just a happy coincidence that this falls over my birthday weekend.

Oops - my cab is here to take me to Waterloo.  The Tube isn't even open this early!  Yikes.

2 comments:

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.