Saturday, June 19, 2010

Flat Found!

First piece of good news: my visa has been issued!  It should arrive at my house on Monday, which means I can fly out on Wednesday!

Second piece of good news: Jon and John and Sam found us a flat!  (We paid the holding fee, so it's officially off the market.  It's ours!)

Actually, they found us two flats, and decided on one - how nice is it to have a choice!  The one we choose is lovely; it gets lots of light and has gorgeous common areas.  It's in a nice residential area between Clapham and Wandsworth but, apparently, close enough to fun bars and restaurants and shops and only ten/fifteen minutes from a big Tescos.  The master bedroom - which goes to me and Jon - is huge.  There are two other double bedrooms, one a good size and the other smaller but livable.  We're going to get a futon, too, so that we can have guests stay over.  (Come visit!)

Obviously I haven't seen it yet - I wasn't able to visit with the boys - and I won't be able to see it until we move in because the current occupants will be there right up until we take it over in early August.  But the photos are very appealing and Jon and I are going to walk around the neighborhood on Saturday so I can get a feel for the area.  It looks promising - I'm excited!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I shall have to come down and visit at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited for you (and still sad for me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG we are SO close! What is your train / tube stop? Hugo and I are in Wandsworth!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.