Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ups and Downs

Good news and bad news: which comes first?  The good, I suppose.

Things are falling into place for my life once I get to London.  That's the good news.  The bad news has to go with actually getting there: I'm scheduled to mail all of my visa materials to New York on Thursday, and I still haven't received those two documents from the UK yet.  Jon called Royal Mail about the letter he posted to me, and they said that they shipped some mail overseas during the volcano mess, which means that my document might currently be on a steamer somewhere mid-Atlantic, and who knows when it will arrive.  [Expletive.]  I called UCL about the other document, which was apparently sent on the 14th, and they said not to panic about it until three weeks had passed.  Three weeks?  What happened to globalization?  Double [expletive].  I might have been overly optimistic about mailing everything on 29 April...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.