Friday, August 7, 2015

Frock Fridays: Yellow

There are a few colors I know I can never wear: orange, anything with too much of an orange tint (as opposed to blue, because I'm cool-toned), and yellow.

Well, I'm delighted to report that yellow can now come off that list! It might just be due to the peak tan I've reached this summer - with my trusty bottle of SPF 30 always by my side - but I tried on a yellow dress at Current Boutique, a consignment shop on 14th Street in DC, and absolutely fell in love.

But, you know, I don't look good in yellow, so I put the dress back on the rack and walked out of the store. Then I walked back in, took the dress off the rack, and asked the woman behind the counter if she could hold it for me until the end of the day. I promised to call if I decided not to buy it.

Unsurprisingly, I returned before closing, Jon in tow. I tried the dress on again and did a little twirl for him, expecting him to tell me that the color wasn't quite right. (He has a good eye for these things after years of selling jewelry.) But his only comment was, "That's nice. You should get it. Can you take off the flower thing at the waist?"

With that ringing endorsement, dear readers, plus the fact that it cost $25, how could I not buy the dress? So I did. Not sure yet if I will be keeping the flower at the waist, though...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.